Hoya SOLAS 77mm NDX Variable Neutral Density ND2.5 to ND450 Filter - XSL-77VDY
Free Shipping Included! Hoya SOLAS 77mm NDX Variable Neutral Density ND2.5 to ND450 Filter - XSL-77VDY by Hoya at Nizaza Inal. MPN: XSL-77VDY. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. Variable Neutral Density filters are a convenient tool for filmmakers and photographers because they reduce the need to carry many ND filters and
The Hoya SOLAS Variable NDX filter solves these problems by using only the latest technology, premium materials, the best Japanese manufacturing know-how, and attacking color shift with an exclusive Depolarization layer baked into the optical formula. The result: a filter line that maintains consistent color from 1.3-stops to 8.7-stops. Filmmakers can now tweak density as the light changes without fear of a color grading nightmare in post. Photographers can focus and frame at 1.3-stops then adjust density all the way to 8.8 stops without having to remove the filter.
The lightweight aluminum filter frame sports front filter threads so you can attach lens caps or hoods but more importantly additional filters when additional density or other special effects are needed.
The filter is only available in 77mm and 82mm because they allow for the greatest amount of precise density control. The throw or rotation is greater than smaller filters so it is much easier to achieve an exact density. The filter will also work perfectly on lenses with a smaller filter threads by using an inexpensive Step-up ring (sold separately).
Features & Highlights
- Rotating the outer ring allows you to control density from ND2.5 to ND450 - 1.3 stops to 8.7 stops
- Excellent for photographers and filmmakers needing to precisely control exposure in bright and challenging conditions.
- Eliminates color shift throughout the density range by taking advantage of an exclusive Depolarization layer in the optical design to produce the most color consistent variable neutral density filter.
- Produces Sharp and Glare-free images by using only the highest quality Japanese optical glass, ultra-thin polarization films, and proprietary Hoya mulit-coatings.
- Front filter threads accept additional filters, original lens caps, and also works with most manufacturers lens hoods
|Item Weight:||0.26 pounds|
|Package Weight:||0.25 pounds|
|Package Size:||3.1 x 0.4 x 0.4 inches|